[RE-wrenches] Midnite Magnum E-Panel Unofficial Service Bulletin

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sat Jul 24 22:46:12 PDT 2010

I usually recommend retorqueing all connectors once the panel is mounted. Whether its an E-panel or one we built at the shop, those washboard roads can loosen stuff that would never have had a problem
otherwise. I'm actually surprised we haven't had more problems like this, even with internal wiring on inverters, etc.
Hours of vibration can do bad things to equipment not designed for it.
Having said all that, I too have grown probably too complacent, and forget to check connections, especially if its hard to get to, and the sun is going down.....

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer