[RE-wrenches] Imbalance In Multiple String Charging Current

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Thu Jul 22 10:45:10 PDT 2010

What do specific gravity and load, rest and charge VPC tests
say?

The VPC tests will usually pinpoint a weak cell.

Higher VPC reading under a high state of charge and lower
VPC under a big load, normally done with the array &
generator turned off to maximize the effect.

Typically the specific gravity reading will confirm this VPC
test cell readings and the SG will be lower for that cell
too.

Thanks,  Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"