[RE-wrenches] electrical permit requirements

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 17:01:15 PDT 2010

Hi Jeff:
    My standard permit docs are comprehensive, but do not include documentation regarding string sizing, thank goodness.  A permit technician/ plan reviewer should not be overseeing string sizing.  You should be thankful that the permit fees are so low, because that is the best thing a jurisdiction could do to support PV!
    Any fly-by-night, incompetent installer can check string sizing on the inverter manu's web site.  I would suspect that, regardless of the plan review process, the less experienced installers will still be accountable to the inspector and their customer.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537