[RE-wrenches] SWH - mixing valves

Randy Brooks Randy at BrooksSolar.com
Wed May 19 11:01:18 PDT 2010

Kelly,

Although I'm no plumber, I think there is a difference between "mixing valves" and "anti-scald valves".  I believe mixing valves don't change with water temperature, so it's hard to get consistent water temperature at the faucet with varying solar hot water temperature.  I believe anti-scald valves adjust cold water input with hot water temperature to prevent an unsafe temperature at the faucet.  I'd talk it over with your plumber.

take care,

Randy Brooks
Brooks Solar, Inc.
Solar Power for People