[RE-wrenches] Whats with Kyocera?

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Tue May 18 07:53:44 PDT 2010

If what you say is true, this is not the first time Kyocera has done this.
Back in the first quarter of 2006, we were cruising along installing about
15 kW/mo of Kyocera, a mix of 170s and 200s. I had a six month forecast in
that vicinity and I would take 10 kW one month and 20 kW the next.
Completely out of the blue, without any warning whatsoever, Kyocera stopped
shipping to us, not one module, and told us that they had no legal or moral
obligation to fulfil the current orders or anything else on our forecast.
Furthermore, they could not tell us when they would be able to ship modules
to us.

They lost their Los Angeles sales person, soon afterwards; hired a
replacement and promptly lost the replacement. They then went for many
months without a sales person.

It looks like déjà vu all over again.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885

  _____