[RE-wrenches] current carrying conductor

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri May 14 00:12:18 PDT 2010

Marco:

 From the code:

Nonlinear Load. A load where the wave shape of the steady-state current
does not follow the wave shape of the applied voltage.
FPN: Electronic equipment, electronic/electric-discharge lighting,
adjustable-speed drive systems, and similar equipment may be nonlinear loads.

Loads with resistor characteristics such as heating loads are
linear.  Loads with rapid switching are nonlinear, like switching power
supplies.

Is an inverter non-linear?  I think it is, but that is just a guess.  Also
poorly defined is the phrase "major portion."

I hope this helps.

William