[RE-wrenches] Roof anchors and proper rigging

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 21:09:54 PDT 2010

Rebecca,

A great post, with lots of good information and a wonderful attitude.
However, there are some small nits that I feel compelled to pick, hopefully
without distracting from the value of your message.

Clear caulk has little to no UV resistance, and will degrade much quicker
than colored.  In addition, most caulks are not compatible with the asphalt
base of most 3-tab or architectural shingles.  Read the label before
proceeding.

Tying off to a vehicle is a really, really bad idea, for just the reasons
you bring up.

Rock on!

Phil Undercuffler