[RE-wrenches] Lorentz Sub Pump

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Apr 22 13:20:43 PDT 2010

Hi Roy,

You do have a choice about controllers, as I mentioned I use off-the-shelf components. For your need you have at least 2 sweet options - 1) get a relay to switch the pump power and use a float switch to control the coil, go with a SSR for even higher reliability.  This is a $50 substitute for a $300 CU-200. 2) Use a Cla-val at the tank and a pressure switch and 2gal press. tank at the pump. This works at any distance w/o control wires and is fully hydraulic and highly reliable plus this valve does not throttle as it reaches full. This is my control of choice if the distance between pump and tank is much over 400', cost must be considered as this is about a $700 setup.

-jeff o