[RE-wrenches] Tilt biased....

holtek at sbcglobal.net holtek at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 17 09:33:20 PDT 2010

Searching for opinions.....is this "over design"?
Designing small system (2.35kW). Customer uses gas for heating. Typical A/C unit. I was thinking of biasing the tilt to summer production for greater offset of summer demand (lat 31.6, proposing 18). No net metering in this part of the world. PVwatts shows a drop of 2% /yr. in production , 5% higher production for A/C months. Feedback?

 Also, this array will go on a carport. I understand that windloading is actually greater for an open structure than one with walls (another reason for lower tilt) - is there any one that can direct me to data on finding out how much more?

Lastly, what is a good avg. target derate factor for Enphase inverters (real world)?

Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
500 Jewell Dr.
Waco TX. 76712