[RE-wrenches] AC modules verses codes and safety

William Dorsett wmdorsett at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 3 06:30:30 PDT 2010

The major diy difficulty I see is in anchoring the systems to the roof. They are plug and play, with DC voltage limited to that of only one module, not a series string. A home owner could get into trouble crossing conductors in the array j-box (duct-taped interior), or installing the breaker in the panel, using wiring with the wrong insulation...without conduit.... nailed to the roof......

But AC modules put solar into the skill set of any minor-league electric shop in the country.

Bill Dorsett

SunwrightS

1715 Leavenworth

Manhattan, KS  66502