[RE-wrenches] Supply Side Tap Overcurrent Protection

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 12:14:30 PDT 2010

    I feel confident that the load will not be over 80 Amps at any time, and therefore do not think that a service upgrade is necessary.  If the load is increased in the future (as in any situation,) the panel may need to be upgraded in the future.  By 'legal,' I assume you mean that it is approved by the applicable codes.

     I do agree that according to the 120% rule, the bussing is undersized, and a service upgrade would be a good solution.  However, I have heard that an exception can be made if a load analysis is provided.  My questions is specifically about the exception.  I have a firm understanding of my other options.
Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537