[RE-wrenches] PV excellent battery charger

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Mar 24 22:51:00 PDT 2010

MPPT doesn't really do that much for the battery, it just makes the PV modules more effective.
The real magic is:
A) the 3 stage charging (compared to traditional single stage AC chargers)
B) Temperature compensation
C) PWM that helps pulse off sulfation
D) Slower charge rates let batteries charge more fully without damage from overheating.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer