[RE-wrenches] 3 Phase Grid Tie with Battery Backup

Rebekah Hren bekahhren at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 16:34:55 PST 2010

Hi,
Does the utility mean by "match" that they don't want the inverter output transformed in any way?
Could you not just use one 120V inverter? I've connected single 120 volt inverters (albeit not outback but I don't see why not) to a 120/208 wye without problems. You have to make sure the wires are sized correctly (solar pro had a recent article on unbalanced 3 phase wire sizing). This of course limits your backed up loads to 120V (w/out a transformer).

Rebekah Hren
North Carolina