[RE-wrenches] Inverter causing migraine?

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Thu Feb 4 10:54:20 PST 2010

Many years ago, Richard Perez and I built a Gauss meter just for that purpose. What we found (with the old Trace "U" series inverters) was that while EMF was very high on the cables and right at the inverter, six feet or so away, the readings were at nearly background levels. Never tried that with a "modern" inverter. Could be different, I reckon, and I think that say... a 4KW inverter would have more EMF than a 2KW job, but I suspect that the distance to background levels would be about the same.  Doesn't mean that someone couldn't be super sensitive to them and have issues, but unless your inverter is under the bed, most folks shouldn't have any danger.
On another note, anyone heard anything new about Walt Ratterman?
Bob-O