[RE-wrenches] OB VFX3648 vs Munchkin?

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Mon Jan 11 21:49:38 PST 2010

Hey Dan,

I have had a persistent issue with a Boderus low mass boiler at one of my
off-grid clients (dual stack VFX3648's, FM80, FNDC, etc.  It goes into
error sporadically, perhaps after a longer generator (Kohler 12 kW
propane) charge run, maybe as it (the generator) shuts off.  We tried to
isolate the boiler's power supply with a small UPS with now luck.  Outback
couldn't help.  Seems Boderus may know something about this issue in
regards to generator/inverter setups, but the install base is so small
they choose to ignore it. Don't know if this is related, and I have no
solutions after many attempts at fixing it.  Sorry...

Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Sun Catcher, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar & Wind Incentive Program Partner
http://www.SunCatcherVT.com
(cell) 802-272-0004
(home) 802-439-6096