[RE-wrenches] Square D DC disconnects

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Mon Jan 11 15:41:24 PST 2010

Thanks, Bill.

Glad to hear you think the HU series is still a good option.

When I was making the rounds at SPI, I stopped by the Eaton booth and got
the sense that they were gunning for Square D. They made light of Square D¹s
self-certification of the HU series discos. The rep also made a statement
about the new Eaton dc discos being the only ones designed to meet UL1741
requirements. When I got home, the first thing I looked up was 690.4(D).
This doesn¹t say anything about dc disconnects needing to be listed to some
special PV standard.

Is there a movement in this direction? Is there a UL1741 standard for dc
discos that is somehow different that the standard used for other dc
disconnects?

Best,

David