[RE-wrenches] Square D DC disconnects

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:08:29 PST 2010

Thanks, Mr Brearley......i have looked into the Solar Bos disconncecting
combiners and also the Blue Oak......both look very well designed and we
look forward to using them when we have a project where it makes
sense.....small and medium residential projects dont pencil out for us based
on the price of these products....I encouraged both companies to come up
with a smaller version which has a price more in line with the smaller sized
systems......
Luckily the latest inverters from most manufacturers take care of this need
with their included/integrated but seperated fused DC disconnects.....
However seems to me that in the nearer future we need to be moving towards
having disconnects located as close as possible to the array......
My dream combiner for all you manufacturers out there would be similar to
the readywatt 3 or 4 circuit, fused,  rail mountable, combiner with
disconnect integrated........
I am still pondering how square D could have overlooked this important
listing requirement......makes me wonder!?!?!?

--
Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa