[RE-wrenches] Power Factor and Grid Tied PV

swingjunkie at gmail.com swingjunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:07:53 PST 2010

Thanks to all who responded,

The article Marco references, is the one referenced in the tinyurl in my
original post. I did not find anything of significance in the previous
Solar Pro issues. Based on the responses it seems there is no good data out
there to answer the question posted. This may be due to

1) the fact that PV systems are not being installed in commercial
facilities with large reactive loads
2) those facilities are not penalized for PF therefor the question is
irrelevant to those system owners
3) the PV systems installed in such facilities are small with respect to
the overall facilities load and any negative impact on PF is insignificant

Cheers
Carl