[RE-wrenches] Best angle - direct grid tie

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:15:34 PST 2010

Drake,

Attached is a PDF which is the result of using PVWatts to perform an
analysis which may be helpful.

Assumption 1: No shading at the site and a due south facing array.
The module tilt is varied from 0 to 90 degrees and the array estimated
production leads you to select an optimum tilt.

Assumption 2:  Now that the optimum tilt is established evaluate the
effect of array azimuth at this tilt angle.

The solar radiation per time of day is evaluated to indicate the
potential adjustments which might be required based on shading at
various times of day but the Path Finder readings from the site should
be used for a more accurate assessment.

Cheers
Carl Adams
SunRock Solar, LLC