[RE-wrenches] Evergreen

David Katz dkatz at aeesolar.com
Sun Jan 3 11:35:28 PST 2010

Since modules are getting so inexpensive, the big questions is what is
the best way to get 33% more power? Is it better to use 33% more modules
on a fixed array, or use a tracker?  Which one costs less?  It costs
$1.50 to $2.00 per watt for a tracker.   If modules cost $3 per watt and
a fixed mount costs $.040 per watt , 33% of $3.40 per watt is $1.12 per
watt.   And trackers don't come with a 25 year power output warranty.  I
see tackers making sense when the array is powering a centrifugal pump
in the summer or possible a time-of-use grid tie that pays more in the
summer.  You are definitely better off with more modules on a fixed
array in an off grid situation because you always need more power in the
winter when the tracker is least effective.
David

David Katz

Chief Technical Officer

AEE Solar

1155 Redway Drive

P.O. Box 339

Redway, CA  95560

Tel (707) 825-1200

Fax (707) 825-1202

dkatz at aeesolar.com <mailto:david at aeesolar.com>

www.aeesolar.com <http://www.aeesolar.com/>

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is
intended for the use of only the addressee and contains privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail reply and destroy the original
communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving in
any manner.