[RE-wrenches] Trace inverters undercharging batteries.

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 10:04:09 PST 2010

Wrenches,

I have been in contact with a person living off-grid in Northern MN.  She
had some problems with her system and called me.  I teach a solar class at a
local community college and have been helping her in my free time (free of
course!).

Some of her batteries froze last winter and she said she dumped out the
electrolyte and put new in........ (6 V Rolls)

Her main concern was the batteries never fully charging.  She has a very
nice Kohler gen, but from what I have been told, the Trace inverters may be
part of the problem with the batteries undercharging.  I have limited
experience with off grid applications and any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Jesse