[RE-wrenches] Trace TM500

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Mon Dec 13 22:53:27 PST 2010

Hi All,

In the past 2 months, I've had 2 separate clients with 48 volt SW systems
have their TM500 stop resetting amphours - even after there is no current
flowing into the bank for hours.  The meter never goes below "0" amp hours
and always shows "Full" SOC.  These are TM500s that have behaved properly
(at least in that way) for years.  Anyone else ever seen this?  Another
time bomb?  Any fix other than replacing with a Trimetric 2020.  I've seen
bizarre behavior from the TM500 before, in a 48 volt system setting up
some high frequencies which effectively shut down the C40 on the system,
but haven't seen this anomaly before these 2 systems...

Thanks,
Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Sun Catcher, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar & Wind Incentive Program Partner
http://www.SunCatcherVT.com
(cell) 802-272-0004
(home) 802-439-6096