[RE-wrenches] To insulate a battery bank-re send

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Dec 11 15:45:20 PST 2010

Friends:

I'm a little addled because of a flu.  Allow me to resend the post below
with a more sensible wording:

I'm not sure how you insulate a space and at the same time vent it.  Any
insulation is pointless if you have a draft flowing through the area.

If you are to insulate, then you must have an active venting system that
can open and commence venting promptly and reliably at the first
possibility of hydrogen gas emission.

Being from a temperate climate, this has not ben an issue for me, but for
those of you in more extreme climates, how do you handle this
conundrum?  Electric blowers with louvers?

William Miller