[RE-wrenches] Bird repellant

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Mon Oct 25 20:28:16 PDT 2010

Lee,

        I don't get many complaints from customers about birds.  However, I have personally had to do something about one of my arrays and have found the owl, with the rotating head, to be very effective in keeping them from landing along the top of the array.

        This particular array is a little too steep for them to be landing anywhere else without going for a slide.  I have heard birds get used to the solid owl (no moving parts) and it has to be moved from time to time (not practicle).  This owl stayed in one place and reduced the bird poop quantity by 95% for the entire summer..... the remaining 5% could have been the "bombs away" variety from aloft!

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric