[RE-wrenches] Protection against birds

Lee Bristol leebristol at standardsolar.com
Mon Oct 25 13:45:16 PDT 2010

Hi Wrenches,

My prospect has an existing problem with birds (black birds, pigeons,
and sparrows) nesting on their roof in every available nook and
cranny.  They are concerned about the birds soiling the modules.  I
have suggested putting a wire mesh around the array so that the birds
can't get under the array and build nests.  I am concerned about the
nests that will be built along the top of the array on the wire mesh
that I have so conveniently located for them.  If there are too many
nests then the air flow up and under the array could be compromised.

Any thoughts?  Possibly spikes along the top of array to discourage
landing, pictures of cats, or warning signs - Birds-High Voltage go
further South

Thanks!

Lee
--
Lee Bristol
NABCEP Certified Solar Designer/Installer

Co-Founder & Commercial Channel Manager
Standard Solar, Inc.
1355 Piccard Drive, #300
Rockville, MD 20850