[RE-wrenches] 2011 code changes

Rebecca Lundberg Rebecca.Lundberg at powerfullygreen.com
Fri Oct 22 20:35:11 PDT 2010

Hello Bill and other Wrenches,

I have seen comments such as this multiple times over the last few
months. Could you please explain how it is allowed for code to require
something that is not available? How is this not discouraging to the
solar industry? I understand pushing the envelope, but as an installer
this type of comment feels like a deal-breaker? Please help me
understand how this is going to impact efforts towards increased
renewable energy adoption.

 "The 2011 NEC already requires series arc fault detection, which is
not currently available nor are there published standards to evaluate
them. It is an interesting time with lots of changes currently
underway."

Rebecca Lundberg
Powerfully Green, Minnesota