[RE-wrenches] VAWT recommendation

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Wed Oct 20 13:55:18 PDT 2010

Wind wrenches,
We have a subcontract to install 30kW of VAWT, along with 30kW of PV
for the Navy. The Navy specified Helix Wind turbines, and is adamant
on sticking with VAWTs, although they may accept an alternative. The
GC we are working under is sufficiently scared of Helix to look for a
viable alternative. Are there any?!

The GC has done some research and wants to use the UGE-4K from Urban
Green Energy http://www.urbangreenenergy.com
It's an H-style lift machine that appears to have several European
certifications on safety, power performance, noise, and vibration.

Anyone know anything about these turbines or company? UGE's address is
NY. Roy?

Thanks,
-Kelly

Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.