[RE-wrenches] small water purification pilot project in Eritrea - need advice

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Fri Oct 15 15:54:45 PDT 2010

Wrenches,

I am advising an organization called Direct Village Compassion that
aids villages in Eritrea, E. Africa.
see:
http://www.duke.edu/~rjl15/direct_village_compassion_index.html

For a pilot project, they have two water sources -- the Red Sea, and a
rain catchment pond. One is salt water, the other has organic
pollutants. They need to purify about 100 gallons per day. There is
lots of sun there! The systems must be low in cost and long-term
viable in primitive conditions.

I am trying to connect with somebody who has experience in this area.
Please write to me directly as I don't often check the Wrenches list.

Thanks!
Windy Dankoff