[RE-wrenches] SolarWorld 245

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Wed Oct 13 13:01:15 PDT 2010

SolarWorld is pushing hard its 245-watt module with the claim that it has
won the Photon mag module competition in 2008 and 2009 (compared to several
other manufacturers).

I can send the spec sheet to anyone who wants it.   It states on the front
page:  SolarWorld only delivers modules that have greater than or equal to
the nameplate rated power.  (emphasis added)

This implies clearly to me a minus zero percent power tolerance.

And then you look at the finer print on page 2 and see under Power Tolerance
: +/- 3%*

*Only modules with flash-tested > or = Pmax are delivered.  Linear warranty
guarantees Year 1 module output to > or + 97% or Pmax.

I'm confused.  Does this mod actually have a -0 PT or not?

And on another note, are many of you finding it difficult to get an adequate
supply of PV mods to meet your demands these days?  SolarWorld, Schott,
Sharp and Kyocera seem to be in short supply these days out in these here
parts.

Thanks,

marco