[RE-wrenches] Hazardous DIYer Publications Recalled

Matt Lafferty gilligan06 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:29:11 PDT 2010

Wrenches,

In the name of public safety, please advise any of your DIY customers that
numerous DIY publications related to electrical wiring have been recalled
due to faulty instructions which could lead to shock or fire.

This is the second of two such recalls this year. Total number of books in
both recalls is about 1.5M. Consumers are urged to stop using the books and
return them to the publisher for a full refund. Titles sold for $5-20. I
know that I've seen dozens, if not hundreds, of these books in people's
homes over the years and recommended against using them. Guess somebody
agrees with me now. Funny thing is that no injuries or damage have been
reported as a result of using these books. Unlike Frosty the Flamethrowing
Snowglobe.

More information about this recall and the books involved can be found here:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11701.html
The earlier recall information is here:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

Just passin' it along,