[RE-wrenches] Security systems?

Jeff Lahl jefflahl at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 13:33:35 PDT 2010

Hi Wrenches,

Has anyone used a PV array security system they'd like to recommend - or one
they'd recommend we'd not use?  The only one we're aware of right now is
called "Gridlock" - which we're just starting to look into.

We install in some pretty desperate places such as South Africa and Haiti
where very poor people will go to great lengths to grab modules (as in armed
gangs with cutting torches).  We do a lot with racking and hardware to
protect the modules but are looking for additional layers of protection.
Any and all information on alarm systems will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Lahl  |  Project Director

Solar Electric Light Fund  |   <http://www.self.org/> www.self.org