[RE-wrenches] corrigated roof mounting feet

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Sat Aug 7 19:19:16 PDT 2010

Most of the past metal roof projects we have completed worked great with S-5! clamps.  However, we have a boat load of modules to mount on a large commercial sloped metal roof that has no standing seams.  The corrigations are constant across the roof surface so there are no flat lands where we could place a racking foot.

Due to the large array size and weight, we will need to bolt through to the metal truss below, but any standard foot would just squash down the roofing when we tighten the bolts.  I have seen homemade blocks used and saw an Australian manufacturer called ALzone that has the exact  product we need, but I do not understand why this same mounting foot is not available from the likes of UniRac or other U.S. manufacturers. I also would like to order local and am not sure if the Alzone hardware has a local distributor.

Doesn't anybody make a aluminum plate that is flat on top, has a corrigated bottom surface, is about 6" to 8" sq to distribute the weight across several "humps", and has some type of mastic sheet you can place under it to seal.  We don't want to get into making our own as we will be required to submit all kinds of wind loading design data, so we just want to order this as a completed product from somebody who can provide wind data on tests of their product.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jeff Yago