[RE-wrenches] 100 Foot Skystream tower

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Fri Jul 30 08:23:16 PDT 2010

Good Morning all,

I have an ongoing client that we have straightened out the
doings of the first 3 PV installers.

They have a Skystream Wind Generator, concrete bases are in
place and a 100' tower kit, but not the tower pipe sections.
We are just starting to look at the erection process of
this.

Has anyone erected a 100' tower for a Skystream wind
generator?

I have done 100' tilt up towers in the past but not for this
size of a wind generator.

If so, how many man-hours would you allot for the assembly
of the tower on the ground and raising?

Assuming all goes smoothly and a worst case.

I am aware of having to 20' - "gin-pole" the 50' gin-pole,
and have several tractors to move the pipe around.

Thanks,  Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"