[RE-wrenches] Unshaded micro-inverter performance

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:29:26 PDT 2010

Is anyone aware of a third-party report or study on the performance of
unshaded string inverter systems vs. unshaded micro-inverter systems?
Enphase claims a 5-25% increase, and uses a small-commercial SunEd
install<http://www.solarindustrymag.com/e107_plugins/content/content_lt.php?content.4376>as
evidence, but I'd like to see something beyond a single performance
ratio.  It would be great to see something that incorporates multiple module
types and their tolerances for voltage and current.  Could make a good
SolarPro article...

Andrew Truitt
Standard Solar Inc.

--
"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor

~William McDonough