[RE-wrenches] Grundfos SQ FLEX AC/DC auto switching

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Thu May 20 12:28:22 PDT 2010

Hi Folks.....I am working on putting together a domestic water pumping
system using a grundfos 11 - SQF - 2.  This system will be connected to a
standard pressure tank and cistern and have a solar array providing primary
power.  However at night and on cloudy days we would like the system to
switch back over to AC power from the grid.  I know that the grundfos IO 101
switch box allows the pump to use an AC source and when the AC source is
removed it* automatically* switches back to DC.  What I am looking for is
when the DC source (solar) is not available it *automatically* switches over
to AC power (grid) ( the reverse of what the IO 101 switch does)  and when
the DC becomes available again it again *automatically* switches back to the
DC power (solar).
Has anyone done this?  Any recommendations for configuring this set up.  We
are looking to provide solar water pumping during the day both when grid is
present and when their is a power outage and AC pumping at night or cloudy
weather all without battery back up.
Thanks in advance for any advice.!
--
Sunny Regards,