[RE-wrenches] Lorentz Pumps

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Tue May 18 10:23:14 PDT 2010

Fellow wrenches,

Problems with Lorentz pumps have been discussed here before.  Yesterday,
I responded to a no water complaint and found that the Lorentz pump we
installed in 2007 appears to have seized up during six months of non-use
(it's for stock water).  This is the second identical failure for the
same customer.  The pump is in a deep well that it is unlikely to over
pump and there is a low-water sensor too.  For those of you that have
installed these pumps, what types of problems have you observed?  How
long are these pumps lasting?  Thanks any replies.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.