[RE-wrenches] Tiny load problem

bob reellison at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:58:56 PDT 2010

I am sizing a system that will have dual inverters to shorten generator
charging in the winter and enough solar to charge the rest of the time.

Here's the problem, the inverter will not be able to get into sleep mode at
night.

There are 2 cell chargers and a "cpap" machine having to run all night.

It only totals 26 watts, has anyone found a better way to do this without
having to keep an inverter awake to produce 26 watts?

I would like to dedicate a Morningstar 300 watt inverter for the job but the
system is 24 volts and Morningstar has no plans to make one in 24 volts.

Anyone got any other ideas, or am I best to just deal with it?

Thanks,

Bob