[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches Digest, Vol 3, Issue 380

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Apr 30 10:59:36 PDT 2010

I have used shower pan liners to line large battery boxes in mobile
applications. They work great - no leakage or deterioration. I put down
one liner, then a 1/4 sheet of plywood on the bottom, then another
liner. The plywood sandwiched in between is there in case the heavy
batteries puncture the upper liner layer (never happened in my
experience). Get them at Home Depot off the roll per linear foot.

A molded plastic tub would be best, or maybe fiberglass, but after
pricing them out, I abandoned the idea.

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar
http://fafcosolar.com