[RE-wrenches] Lorentz Sub Pump

Dave Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Mon Apr 19 12:40:33 PDT 2010

Wrenchers,

Looking for advice on the following pump. Lorentz PS600-HR04H-1-48B with
power pack option and controller.

I will be doing an off-grid system for a homeowner who already who had
purchased this pump, in fact it is down the well already, although not
working, or even  wired to anything yet. The dealer who sold her this pump
is no longer working this job. That dealer did not install anything else.
So, we have a clean slate except for this pump.

Homeowner is willing to go with another pump if I'm not satisfied of this
pumps quality, suitability for her home and reliability.

I have never used a Lorentz pump before. I do recall some mixed reviews over
the years on this list on Lorentz pumps.

Typically for a home like this (modest water needs) I would install a
Grundfos SQ AC pump with a standard pressure tank and run it off the
inverter.

We could do a 48 volt battery bank for this home, so we could do the Lorentz
pump. This pump is designed to be powered with 48VDC nominal correct?

Is it a reliable pump?

Or will it be more trouble than the AC Grundfos?

Thanks,

Dave

David Palumbo, NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Independent Power LLC

Offices in Lamoille and the Champlain Valley

802.888.7194

www.independentpowerllc.com