[RE-wrenches] AFCI compatibility with modified waveform inverters

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Sun Mar 28 15:11:10 PDT 2010

Fellow wrenches,

Does anyone have any experience with using AFCI breakers with modified
waveform inverters?  I've got a customer building a new weekend home
that thinks he wants a modified waveform inverter, but I don't know if
the required AFCI circuit breakers will work.  A few years ago Xantrex
published a list of GFCIs that would work with their modified waveform
inverters.  I haven't seen any such info about the AFCI breakers.  Thanks.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.