[RE-wrenches] Pump choice - Grundfos or Lorentz; distributers of Lorentz

Bob Clark bclark at solar-wind.us
Sun Mar 7 09:22:21 PST 2010

Wrenches:

I know from searching the archives that the virtues of Grundfos vs. Lorentz
pumps have been discussed briefly, but seemingly not lately.  If I am
repeating something, please direct me to previous discussion threads.

Stock watering situation: Total Dynamic Head = 212 feet; 48.5 degrees north
latitude; need 1250 gallons per day in July and August; can pump a maximum
of 3 gallons per minute from a developed spring without drawing down the
water level; 2300 gallons total water storage capacity (1700 gallon tank and
600 gallon trough).  Going to try to not use batteries.  I think it can just
barely be done with the allowable flow.

I am looking at possibly using the Lorentz Solar Pump PS600.  It appears to
be quite versatile which is important for fine-tuning this particular stock
watering system.

Any comments or suggestions about this pump (suitability, reliability, cost)
vs. the Grundfos 6 SQF-2?

Distributers for the Lorentz pump?

Bob Clark

SolarWind Energy Systems, LLC