[RE-wrenches] Polycrystal PV modules with clear backer sheet: Who builds 'em?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Thu Mar 4 12:15:27 PST 2010

Hi, Mechanics~

I like the Sanyo bifacial PV modules for several reasons but I guess the
biggest reason (for me) is the way they transmit light between the
cells...due to the clear backer sheet. This seems dandy for carports, picnic
shelters, etc.

The $/watt for the Sanyo bifacials affects the payback math, however, so:

Does anyone build non-exotic polycrystal (or non-exotic single crystal)
modules with a clear backer sheet so part of the sunlight will come through?
Reply to me off list or on-list.

Thanks,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com