[RE-wrenches] Generators and Grid-tie Systems

solarepiphany at gmail.com solarepiphany at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:03:06 PST 2010

Hello,

We have our first grid-tied install involving a propane generator coming up soon. No batteries. Customer will be getting a panel upgrade with the system.

Specifically:
1.When sizing the replacement panel, do I have to account for the main, gen, and pv?

2.Will the pv sense the generator output as grid voltage and sync/output?

3.If so: during a power outage and while gen is operating, what if pv production is higher than the house loads?

Thanks for the input!

Eric