[RE-wrenches] Transformerless inverters require special plug leads on the PV modules, right?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Thu Feb 25 10:54:13 PST 2010

Hi, Mechanix~

Am I correct that the good ol' plug connector leads on many solar modules
are non-compatible with transformerless grid-tie inverters? If so...which
module mfrs have switched to the different type of wire and how can I be
sure?

Specifically, would the 2010 Sharp 230 polycrystal or the Yingli 230
polycrystal modules be properly equipped for use with the x-formerless
inverters?

...and...the next time I buy #10 sunlight resistant wire for making up my
own plug extensions...should I buy a more exotic wire type and how do I know
what will work?

Thanks,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com