[RE-wrenches] Teacher wants a cutaway PV module

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Mon Feb 22 12:42:04 PST 2010

Yo, Wrenchies~

Does anyone offer a sample PV module which would allow a cross-section view
of the laminate/metal frame?

I told my teacher friend that a laminated glass unit could not be sawed in
half without totally shattering the glass. I also told him that I would ask
around to see if anyone makes a cutaway especially for show & tell purposes.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. If nothing else maybe we buy some of
those mini-modules that are potted in plastic, no metal frame, then get
after it with an angle grinder and a thin cutting wheel. That sounds like a
lot of carnage but I haven't done any major destruction so far this year, so
maybe it's time...

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com