[RE-wrenches] Radio interference from PV?

Lee Bristol leebristol at standardsolar.com
Mon Jan 25 07:07:16 PST 2010

Wrenches,

We have a prospect who has asked us to provide proof that our large solar
array will not effect police and emergency communications in the vicinity of
the array.  We have provided information about the FCC Part 15 Class A
certification of the inverter but they are still concerned.  Does anyone
have the results of a study of the issue or have you had a interference in
the 800-900 MHz bands?

In a related issue, they also want us to prove that we are not a "heat
generator" that will increase the temperature in the area by 10 degrees.
Again logic has not prevailed, they don't quite get it that we are not
burning fuels and generating heat but we are absorbing some of the existing
radiation and therefore are cooler than an asphalt parking lot.  Any ideas
or studies on heat?

Thanks!

Lee

--
Lee Bristol
NABCEP Certified Solar Designer/Installer

Chief Technology Officer
Standard Solar, Inc.
202 Perry Parkway, #7
Gaithersburg, MD 20877