[RE-wrenches] DC disconnects

Rebecca Lundberg Rebecca.Lundberg at powerfullygreen.com
Mon Jan 11 15:54:52 PST 2010

take care of this need with their included/integrated but seperated fused DC
disconnects....."

I actually wish the integrated disconnects for the new inverters were an
option when purchasing, i.e. when I order the inverter it comes with it
automatically, and is therefore reflected in the price. Where I live the AHJ
and utlities are requiring the handled-lockable-'regular' AC and DC
disconnects regardless of whether or not there is a UL-listed integrated
disconnect with the inverter. Alas, for me it is redundancy and extra cost
for materials and electrical work either way. I can either have the
electrician wire it up and pay their cost, or I can leave the integrated
inverter out (when it is listed as optional in the installation manual) but
now I have a non-returnable part sitting around, which is wasteful too.
Alas, the best solution is more solar so everyone becomes more familiar with
it!

Keep Shining!
Rebecca Lundberg
Powerfully Green, Minnesota