[RE-wrenches] Outback Mate remote programming

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Mon Jan 4 14:14:24 PST 2010

Hello Group,

I have a customer who wants to bring their Mate to my shop for programming.
I have a GVFX3524 in my shop. His inverter is a VFX2812. Will I be able to
plug his Mate into my inverter, program it for his inverter, and then have
him take it home and plug it into his inverter and have the parameters
transfer somehow to his inverter? I suspect the answer is no, but thought
I'd check. I assume that the FX parameters are not stored in the Mate but in
the FX itself, hence "you can't get there from here", as the old saying
goes.

Kirk Herander

Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202