[RE-wrenches] low voltage disconnect

Warren Lauzon windsun at wind-sun.com
Mon Dec 21 09:25:55 PST 2009

The only way to really prevent that is to disconnect everything but the solar array. Unfortunately, more than once we have seen customers disconnect the array but leave other phantom loads on.

When most inverters shut down on LV they are still drawing a few watts. And even with solar connected, if the voltage drops too low, the charge controller often will not start back up until reset. I suspect that could have happened in your case.

Northern Arizona Wind & Sun - Electricity From The Sun Since 1979
Solar Discussion Forum: http://www.wind-sun.com/ForumVB/