[RE-wrenches] Solar System Certification

William Korthof wkorthof at eesolar.com
Sun Dec 20 08:54:42 PST 2009

I'm not going to say that the requirement makes very much sense, but
yes---the PE does test and approve the system in these situations.

Testing is up to the PE, and typically uses highly advanced testing
facilities; which might include things like a volt meter and clamp-on
ammeter for those especially rigorous test procedures.

I'm not going to argue that a PE procedure makes much sense for off
the shelf residential installations, but...

/wk